Wasim Jaffer became the head coach of the Uttarakhand Ranji team


Wasim Jaffer became the head coach of the Uttarakhand Ranji team
Wasim Jaffer the head coach




Former Indian team opener and domestic cricket veteran Wasim Jaffer has been appointed as the head coach of Uttarakhand for the upcoming domestic season. Jaffer confirmed this news to PTI and said that his contract is one year old. Jaffer retired in March this year after playing cricket for almost two decades. He represented Mumbai and Vidarbha in first-class and domestic competitions. He is associated with a team for the first time as a head coach.





Also Read: Australia vs India Boxing-Day Test – Will Coronavirus change the history





Jaffer said I am becoming the head coach of a team for the first time. This is very challenging and something new for me, which is starting soon after the end of my career. I am ready for it. ” He said,“ This is a new team, they have done well.





He played quarter-final (Ranji Trophy in 2018-19 season) against Vidarbha. But he has gone back to Group D (Plate Group) again, so this is going to be a big challenge. I am happy that I am starting from the bottom rungs and it will be a good experience for me. '





He said that he loved giving advice to the young players of the Mumbai and Vidarbha team and is happy to carry these things forward for Uttarakhand. The 42-year-old former player, who has played 31 Tests for India, said, "I have guided young players in my last five-six-year career.





Must Read: Chris Gayle refused to play in CPL 2020 for the reason behind





This is something that I enjoy. I am very happy to help the youth and see them becoming better players. 'Uttarakhand's team reached the quarter-finals while debuting in the Ranji Trophy in 2018-19 but the team was relegated from Group C to Group D last season. Has gone.


Post a Comment

0 Comments