Scoring 1st double century Secret Revealed by Rohit


Rohit Sharma on his first Double  century




Rohit Sharma is the only player in ODI cricket to score three double centuries. He had scored the first double century of his ODI career against Australia and he told how MS Dhoni, the team captain at the time, inspired him to do it. Due to that inspiration of Dhoni, he was able to do this. After his first double century against Australia, he again scored two more double centuries.




Rohit Sharma recalled his first double century during a chat with R Ashwin on Instagram and said that Dhoni also played a big role in it. Rohit said that how Dhoni insisted that he had to stick to the end of the innings and should take full advantage of the opportunity that he got for scoring a double century. In this match against Australia, he had a good partnership with Shikhar Dhawan and Suresh Raina, but he shared a 62-run partnership with Dhoni from 38 balls which proved to be the most important.





Learn more: A Magnificent Year for the Hitman Rohit Sharma





Rohit Sharma on his first Double century





Rohit Sharma said that I never really thought that I would ever score a double century in ODIs. I wanted to bat well and then it rained a little bit. When the game started, Shikhar and Virat were dismissed early. After that, I formed a good partnership with Suresh Raina. When Raina was out, Yuvi came and he could not last too long.





He said that in this match I batted with Dhoni till the 48th over and during this he kept motivating me. He told me that I will take the risk, but you are a set batsman and I want you to play for the entire 50 overs. He not only inspired me but also helped to complete this big innings.





Learn more: The Curious Case of Sanju Samson Since his IPL Debute






https://www.instagram.com/tv/CAVba1zHZnz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Post a Comment

0 Comments