Virat Kohli revealed, Sachin helped after failing in England Tour 2014


Virat Kohli revealed, Sachin helped after failing in England Tour 2014




Virat Kohli's England Tour 2014





Indian captain Virat Kohli feels Sachin Tendulkar's 'forward press against fast bowlers' and head coach Ravi Shastri's advice to 'stand outside the crease' after a disappointing England Tour in 2014. Because of that, he turned into a great Test batsman. Kohli's one tour of England proved to be a bad dream when he was missing out on 10 consecutive innings but later returned at the end of the year with 4 centuries in 4 matches against Australia with 2 centuries in Adelaide.





Talking to Mayank Agarwal at 'BCCI.com', the Indian captain revealed a change in his technique after the tour of England. Kohli told Agarwal on the show 'Open Nets with Mayank', '2014 tour will be a milestone for my career. Many people call good trips a milestone in their career but for me 2014 will be a milestone. '





Must Read: Know why Wisden Trophy named after Richards Botham Trophy





He said, 'I returned from England and I spoke to Sachin Paji and took some sessions with him in Mumbai. I told them that I am working on my hip position. He made me feel the importance of 'forward press' against big moves and fast bowlers. "Kohli said," As soon as I started doing this with my position, things started to go well and then there was a tour of Australia. " He told what went wrong in England and how he realized it.





Kohli said, 'During the England tour, I had a' hip position 'issue. It was not able to adjust to the circumstances and could not do what it wanted to do. So, being tough you reach nowhere. The feeling was long and painful but I felt it. ”Kohli felt that his ability to apply his shot was limited due to the 'hip position'. He said, 'It should be balanced so that you can play with equal control on both the off side and leg side, which is very important.'





Must Read: IPL 2020 will be played in UAE IPL Chairman Brijesh Patel officially announced





James Anderson was bowling them out on the bowlers. Kohli said, 'I was getting more worried thinking about getting inside the ball. I could not get over this skepticism. ”However, a slight change in his technique also led to a change in his‘ stance ’which was suggested by Shastri (team director in 204–15) and this began during the 2014–15 tour of Australia. It happened before it happened and then everything changed which is history.





Kohli said, "He (Shastri) told me one thing, it was to stand outside the crease. He also told the mentality behind it. You should control the place you are playing and the bowler should not be given a chance to dismiss you. That is why I started practicing it from the same year and the results were incredible. ”He also credited former Indian coach Duncan Fletcher who has a great knowledge of batting.





Must Read: Know why Eng vs WI 3rd Test named as The Ruth Strauss Foundation Test





Kohli said, 'I only increased my' stance 'after the conversation of Duncan Fletcher, who has a great understanding of the game. He asked me the same question, "Will I be able to play short ball with 'forward press' and wide 'stance'?" So I said, I can. ”Kohli laughed about the interesting conversation with Shastri,“ Ravi Bhai asked me if I was afraid of the short ball. So I said that I am not afraid, I do not have any problem with injury but I do not want to be out. '





Click here: Assamese Rap Song Xoru Manuh Lyrics


Post a Comment

0 Comments