Indian-origin English Spinner Amar Virdi eyes on test debut


Indian-origin English Spinner Amar Virdi eyes on test debut
Amar Virdi eyes on test debut




England's 21-year-old spinner Amar Virdi is part of England's 30-member training group for the Test series starting with the West Indies from 8 July. Virdi is the least experienced spinner in the 30-member training group. Amar Virdi eyes on test debut, he has said that his focus is on doing all that so that he can be included in the team for the first Test match.





ALSO READ- World’s first high-tech stadium to be built at Chandigarh Mullanpur





Virdi said, 'Of course, I want to play in the first Test match and join the team. If I couldn't do it, I probably shouldn't be here. ' Virdi has so far taken 69 wickets in 23 first-class matches and was also part of the Surrey team that won the county championships in 2018. Virdy, however, will have to overcome experienced players like Moeen Ali, Jack Leach, Dom Bess and Matt Parkinson to make it to the England team, which will not be easy.





He said, 'I am here and I want to play Test cricket. I want to show people what I am capable of. I'm proud of me. The next step for me is to get a place in the test. Whenever it is. I will continue to work hard. With this series will also be the return of international cricket, which has been postponed due to Corona virus epidemic. The 3-match Test series will begin on 8 July. The first match will be played at the Ages Bowl in Hampshire, while the second and third matches will be played at Old Trafford Ground.





Must Read: Top 5 highest wicket-taker in ODI Cricket, all Asian in the list





Amar Vardi's full name is Guramar Singh Virdi, his family is originally from Punjab in India, but his Mala father came from Kenya and Uganda and settled in England. His family is associated with sports. Virdi's father represented Kenya in junior tennis. Amar was introduced to cricket by his brother. In 2017, he made his County Championship debut in Surrey. If he is selected in England's Test team, then he will be the second Sikh player to achieve such feat, before Monty Panesar has played for England.


Post a Comment

0 Comments