Ajinkya Rahane still expect to return to ODI team and said


Ajinkya Rahane still expect to return to ODI team and said




Ajinkya Rahane still expect to return to ODI team





India's Test vice-captain Ajinkya Rahane played the last ODI of his career in international cricket in February 2018. Rahane still hopes that he will return to Team India's ODI international team. He said that he feels from inside that he will definitely return to the One Day International team. Rahane, aged 32, is currently not playing for Team India in T20 International and ODI International.





Must Read: It’s meaningless to expect a miracle from Virat Kohli by





Rahane said that he is preparing himself mentally to play all three formats. Rahane told former wicketkeeper Deep Dasgupta on ESPN Cricinfo, 'I am ready to bat at any number in ODI cricket, whether in opener or number four. A voice is coming from me, I want to return to One Day International cricket. The Mumbai batsman said, 'But I do not know when I will get a chance. It is all about staying positive in yourself and knowing your potential. '





However, given the tough competition in the team, it will not be easy for Rahane to return. He will not have trouble batting at number four but Mumbai batsman Shreyas Iyer has strengthened his position at this place. Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan are already confirmed as openers in the team. Rahane was asked on which batting order he would like to play in the One-Day International, so he said, 'I have been tempted to start the innings, but I also have no problem in batting at number four. I am comfortable with batting at both places.





Must Read: Ben Stokes has made it to the list of veteran all-rounders





Rahane, who played 90 ODIs for the country, said, "After batting at number four for a while, it is very difficult to start the innings again and adjust to what I did." It is hard to say which place I like. I can do well in both. ' When Rahane was asked to return to the Indian T20 team, he said, 'I don't follow anyone in T20 cricket. I like to play shots from inside to outside. Rahane, who played his last T20 International four years ago, said, "I think if you are sure of your shots, you should play it." If I am playing in the 18th over, my goal will be how can I get my strike rate to 150-160. '


Post a Comment

0 Comments